Hold onto your pants because I’m going to go on a RANT!
Summer is almost here again and I’m already dreading the hassles I know I’ll go through to keep my swimming pool clean and safe.
Actually, I go through this dreadful state of mind every year because the truth is, swimming pools are a pain in the you-know-what unless you have a pool service or someone doing the cleaning and maintenance for you.
As a DIY pool owner, I find myself almost constantly needing to fix things that break or go wrong…
…And that’s what this rant is about.
You may want to move on unless you can relate to my frustration!
Right now I know I have problems that need parts and repair. They’ve been there all winter waiting for me.
Here’s my list of DIY to-dos:
- 2 Pop-ups are broken again (same ones I paid $400 to have fixed last years)
- The pump is leaking (Actually it’s been leaking since last year but don’t want to pay $1500 to fix it)
- Skimmer Flap is broke again (It breaks off every year and costs $25 to replace)
- My skimmer and brush attachments and vacuum hose all need replacing $80 (wear and tear)
- And then there’s the good old “drain the pool and refill” which will cost about $75 in water and makes a huge mess.
I don’t actually hate my swimming pool but it does frustrate me and consumes a lot of time, and costs a lot of money, to keep it up.
Sure I could pay
$50 – $70 $80 – $100 a month to have someone do pool cleaning but the fix-it stuff is what really gets to me.
Well, that’s all the ranting for now.
The good thing for now is I have at least 30 more days to ignore it before I start spending every Saturday morning doing pool service again and paying for the stuff I can’t do myself.
Do you have a RANT about your pool problems?
Feel free to share your swimming pool frustration below.