Clear Water Without Burning & Redness
If you’re researching the best solar pool ionizer to cut down on all the chemicals you’re using in your swimming pool then this info will help you.
It’s all about pool ionizers and their benefits. But to be fair, below we’re also listing their cons, too.
Look, for decades we’ve all believed that chlorine was the best way to keep swimming pools clean – but times have changed and that’s not the case anymore.
As it turns out, too much chlorine can lead to drastic health issues including the emergence of hives and reddening of the skin after a swim.
Fortunately, the best solar pool ionizer can give you a safer alternative to chlorine. And if you’ve read any of my other tips, then you know I’m all about fewer chemicals and simple pool care.
How effective are water ionizers, though? Let’s find out…
Simply put, a solar pool ionizer is a simple device that works by positively charging the copper and silver ions in your swimming pool. When activated, these ions kill any bacteria, algae and other microscopic organisms that may breed in the water. As such, the benefits of using these handy tools are immense – a quick rundown of them would include (but not limited to) the following.
High Filtration Potential
As we’ve already mentioned, pool ionizers work by positively charging copper and silver ions. These ions are then spread throughout the swimming pool. In the course of that happening, the ions bind with negatively charged ions. In most cases, the negatively charged ions comprise of tiny particles that accumulate in the water as it gets dirty. The binding enlarges these particles and makes them large enough so they can easily be weeded out through filtration.
Ionizers may not always get rid of every tiny particle in the water but they sure do an incredible job when combined with a bit of chlorine. The point here is that when you use a tinier portion of chlorine, you also effectively reduce the risk of harmful effects likely to be experienced after a clean-up exercise. Indeed, high levels of chlorine can lead to significant health consequences. Smaller quantities, on the other hand, tend to be difficult to detect – and this, therefore, makes the water safer for everyone.
Keeping the Pool in Tip-Top Condition
Chlorine is a rather harsh chemical which if used for long causes the pool’s interior and equipment to wear out prematurely. Pool ionizers help prevent this problem by reducing the need for chlorine. This, also, eliminates the need to replace worn out pool accessories. So, your pool remains in great shape, the water also stays cleaner for longer and above all, maintenance cost is significantly reduced.
Are you one of those people who complain of rashes, itchiness, dryness or a burning sensation in the eyes after taking a dip? The cause of all these woes is chlorine. Most people add a generous amount of it in order to keep the pool looking great and that’s where all the problems begin. An investment in a pool ionizer means that you can keep the chlorine levels at healthy levels always. That translates to a better experience in the pool. Needless to say, solar pool ionizers are kinder to your body.
Good for Your Dogs
Solar pool ionizers are designed to pass a mild current through the pool’s water. This current is mild and, therefore, harmless to humans and pets. Likewise, the silver and copper ions are absolutely harmless to any living thing that may come into contact with them. Therefore, whenever you use this handy device, you can rest assured that the pool will be safe for anyone in the family – and that’s including any pet that might drink the pool water.
Maintaining a swimming pool using the normal methods means struggling to balance chemical levels in the water. This is a cumbersome process for most people. With a pool ionizer, though, all you’d need to do is replace the copper chambers and electrodes as well – and this only needs to be done periodically. Moreover, the replacement doesn’t take much of your time.
Do Pool Ionizers Work?
Best Selling Solar Pool Ionizers
- Reduce the need for chlorine by 80%.
- No more bleached hair or bathing suits, dry skin or itchy eyes
- Ultra-low maintenance. Powered by environmentally friendly solar panels with no expensive batteries to replace.
- Handles pools up to 22,000 Gal(Get 2 for more than 22,000 Gal.).
- Includes: Base unit, anode, wire cleaning brush, debris basket and copper testing strips
- Reduces chlorine usage by using copper and silver ions to sanitize and kill algae
- No odors, skin irritation or faded swimsuits
- Plugs into a 110V power source and comes with 25 foot power cord
- Sanitizes pools up to 40,000 gallons
- Will not affect your pH or total alkalinity levels
- Ideal for using in shaded pools, screened pools, and fish pond
- Save 80%-90% in pool chemicals and reduce using chlorine
- Effective up to 32,000 gallon water, around 1600 square feet
- Convert sunlight energy to electricity by photo-voltaic panel
- Eliminates the growth of microorganism in pool
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS: While chlorine is an effective treatment for swimming pool sanitization, it can be incredibly hard on the skin, eyes, and hair. It's known to sting eyes and cause dry, flaky skin which especially exacerbates people who are prone to skin conditions like eczema. Plus, if it seeps through your skin, who knows the long term effects it has on your body and health. With the Peak Products solar powered pool ionizer you will have an effective pool cleaner without harsh chemicals.
- GO CLEAN, GO NATURAL: Our pool sanitizer system works through the science of solar energy. The photovoltaic panels on the surface absorbs sunlight which converts a harmless, low-power electricity current through the copper coils. This causes the release of mineral ions into the water. This keeps the amount of algae and microorganisms to a minimal. It works like chlorine, only this spa ionizer is eco-friendly and safer for you, your family, and your guests.
- SAVE ON TIME AND MONEY: Aside from being non-chemical and more environment-friendly, this pool algae remover is so simple to use. Simply let it float in the pool and it will continually ionize your pool. This means you can save tons of money on pool supplies or professionals to get the job done. Once the pool sanitizer system is in the pool, you don't have to spend any more time worrying about making sure your water is functioning at ideal levels.
- PROFESSIONAL QUALITY WITHOUT BRINGING IN THE PROFESSIONALS: It almost sounds too easy to just put a floating device in your pool, hot tub, or jacuzzi and you no longer have to worry about it. However, it really is that simple. The Peak Products spa sanitizing float literally just bobs around in your pool, cleaning all the while. This piece of pool cleaner equipment is like having an actual human come to your house everyday to clean, that's how high-quality and effective it is.
- COMES WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED: When you purchase the Peak Products spa sanitizer kit, you get more than just a spa sanitizer. You receive two copper electrodes, each one lasting roughly two years. You also receive a cleaning brush for the filter and 30 copper test strips to make sure your pool algae remover is functioning properly. That's four years of hassle-free, non algaecide pool time for you and your loved ones.
- Lowers the amount of harsh chemicals needed to keep your pool crystal clear by up to 80% or more.
- Kills algae before it grows.
- Simply float this device in your pool and allow the solar panel to capture the sun's rays which will then ionize the copper core making the water an unsuitable environment for algae to live.
- Your solar powered pool ionizer works with in-ground as well as above-ground pools up to 35,000 gallons.
- For best results please follow the directions in your instruction manual.
- Lowers the amount of harsh chemicals needed to keep your pool crystal clear by up to 85%. Year Round Protection
- Kills algae before it grows. Simply float this device in your pool and allow the solar panel to capture the sun's rays which will then ionize the copper core making the water an unsuitable environment for algae to live.
- WORKS IN ALL POOLS AND SPAS | Chlorinated or Salt Water, Above-Ground, or In-Ground Up To 35,000 Gallons
- Reduce Eye And Skin Irritation Caused By Chlorine And Other Chemicals - No More Burning Eyes Or Harsh Chemical Smell
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED !! If Your Not Happy With The Results Or Product, We'll Refund your Purchase (30 Days).
- User manual can be downloaded at www.solarionizer.com. INCLUDED: 1 - 7.0 Volt Solar Ionizer head unit, 1- Copper-Silver alloy anode, 1-Coil, 1-Wing screw, 1 - Baskets.
- LED IONIZATION INDICATOR: Light glows blue if unit is working and OFF if unit is not working.
- 41% LARGER COPPER ANODE & NO ELECTRIC OR INSTALLATION COSTS: Copper anodes are 1.0 LB each and unit uses sunlight to generate the power it needs to operate. NO INSTALLATION REQUIRED.
- SAVES MORE THAN 900/YR - Save money on pool chemical and electric costs for combined yearly savings that may be greater than 900/yr or more. Unit is compatible with salt or chlorine, above-ground or inground pools.
- 14,000 GALLONS: Each unit is effective up to 14,000 gallons in optimal conditions (8 hours full sunshine). For shaded & screened pools or to reduce chlorine levels faster, two units may be required.
- NO MORE CHEMICALS: The AK600 will control pool algae and reduce your chlorine use by 80%.
- KILLS ALGAE BEFORE IT GROWS: Simply floats in your pool and creates a natural algaecide to help control algae growth.
- WORKS WITH IN-GROUND, ABOVE-GROUND, CHLORINATED AND SALTWATER POOLS: Covers up to 50,000 gallons. Will not harm the finish of your pool or vinyl liner.
- 100% SOLAR CLEAN ENERGY: The AK600 uses the sun to create ions that attack algae and keep water crystal clear.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: You will be happy with the results or we will refund your purchase (30 days) -100% RISK FREE!
- Recudes Chlorine Usage
- Saves Money on Chemicals
- 100% Solar Powered
- Comes Complete with Copper Rod and Cleaning brush!
- SECURITY AND PEACE OF MIND - The solar pool ionizer uses the anti-microbial powers of copper and silver ions to clean your pool without the use of harmful chemicals or expensive filters. Sit back and enjoy your pristine pool as Pool Ecologix is here serving your relaxation!
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY - The solar pool ionizer cuts chlorine usage by up to 80% by combining the power of the sun and an underwater ion-dispersing anode. Solar energy striking the top mounted solar cells causes electricity to flow to the copper electrode, releasing ions into the pool water.
- CHEMICAL FREE - Chlorine is an effective cleaning agent, but can cause drying and irritation of the skin, eyes, and hair. The Pool Ecologix Solar Pool Ionizer cleans your pool without the need for these for these harsh chemicals allowing you and your family to swim with peace of mind knowing your body stays healthy.
- NO-HASSLE OPERATION - Simply drop in your pool and it goes to work killing algae, bacteria, and fungi. Works in fresh and salt water pools, spas, jacuzzis, and hot tubs.
- These devices are generally easy to assemble as they also come with comprehensive user manuals
- Typically reduce chlorine consumption by 80% effectively saving thousands of dollars per year
- Some of them come with handy features such as LED indicators which indicate when the tool is under use
- No need to worry about keeping a maintenance schedule as these ones come with a reminder
- Meant to work on all types of pools including screened and shaded ones
- Equivalent to having a pro clean the pool for you, only that it’s a cheaper option
- Its built-in electrodes last for at least two years meaning you needn’t worry about maintenance
- Work in different water conditions including above-ground, in-ground, saltwater and even chlorinated water
- Directly use energy from the sun to do its work and, therefore, contribute to the uptake of clean energy
- The benefits of using these gadgets can be seen and felt within 24 hours
Cons of Pool Ionizers
- You need to replace the electrodes periodically and that means spending on new replacements
- They only work in daylight since they’re fully reliant on solar power to operate
- You may need several units especially if you’re handling a large pool – otherwise, one would struggle to get the job done
- Some people have reported that pool ionization causes pool wall staining from the copper electrode.
Q: My unit came with 2 electrodes: how many electrodes do I need to use at a time?
A: You only need to use one electrode at a time. Each should serve you for 24 months on average. So, two electrodes would run you for 48 months which is equivalent to 4 years.
Q: How much chlorine should I use when using a pool ionizer?
A: While pool ionizers are great at keeping the water clean, one needs to maintain a chlorine level of .2 ppm. Depending on your pool size this can be achieved through a single chlorine tablet every so often. Be sure to maintain the water pH levels at anywhere between 7.2 and 7.6.
Q: How often do I need to clean the electrodes of my ionizer?
A: There are no strict rules as to how often or rarely you should attend to your electrodes but you might want to check them every 2 – 3 weeks.
Q: Is it recommended to use a solar pool ionizer for above-ground pools?
A: Yes. The ionizer only needs to be placed on the water and it will do the rest of the job for you.
Q: Can my unit be used on salty water?
A: Most solar pool ionizers are designed for use in all types of pools and spas. However, if you’re not sure whether your unit is designed for use in salt water conditions, it might be a good idea to consult with your supplier.
The best solar pool ionizer is a heaven-sent tool that can transform your swimming pool management experience.
You only need to invest in a well-made unit, use it as per the manufacturer’s instructions and wait for some great results.
Your family and friends will thank you…
Before you go, here are a few more handy links for DIY pool care.
Last update on 2018-12-13.