Clear Water without Burning Eyes & Red Skin
If you’re researching the best solar pool ionizer to cut down on all the chemicals you’re using in your swimming pool then this info will help you.
It’s all about pool ionizers and their benefits. But to be fair, below we’re also listing their cons, too.
Look, for decades we’ve all believed that chlorine was the best way to keep swimming pools clean – but times have changed and that’s not the case anymore.
As it turns out, too much chlorine can lead to drastic health issues including the emergence of hives and reddening of the skin after a swim.
Fortunately, the best solar pool ionizer can give you a safer alternative to chlorine. And if you’ve read any of my other tips, then you know I’m all about fewer chemicals and simple pool care.
How effective are water ionizers, though? Let’s find out…
The Benefits of a Solar Pool Ionizer
Simply put, a solar pool ionizer is a simple device that works by positively charging the copper and silver ions in your swimming pool. When activated, these ions kill any bacteria, algae and other microscopic organisms that may breed in the water. As such, the benefits of using these handy tools are immense – a quick rundown of them would include (but not limited to) the following.
High Filtration Potential
As we’ve already mentioned, pool ionizers work by positively charging copper and silver ions. These ions are then spread throughout the swimming pool. In the course of that happening, the ions bind with negatively charged ions. In most cases, the negatively charged ions comprise of tiny particles that accumulate in the water as it gets dirty. The binding enlarges these particles and makes them large enough so they can easily be weeded out through filtration.
Ionizers may not always get rid of every tiny particle in the water but they sure do an incredible job when combined with a bit of chlorine. The point here is that when you use a tinier portion of chlorine, you also effectively reduce the risk of harmful effects likely to be experienced after a clean-up exercise. Indeed, high levels of chlorine can lead to significant health consequences. Smaller quantities, on the other hand, tend to be difficult to detect – and this, therefore, makes the water safer for everyone.
Keeping the Pool in Tip-Top Condition
Chlorine is a rather harsh chemical which if used for long causes the pool’s interior and equipment to wear out prematurely. Pool ionizers help prevent this problem by reducing the need for chlorine. This, also, eliminates the need to replace worn out pool accessories. So, your pool remains in great shape, the water also stays cleaner for longer and above all, maintenance cost is significantly reduced.
Are you one of those people who complain of rashes, itchiness, dryness or a burning sensation in the eyes after taking a dip? The cause of all these woes is chlorine. Most people add a generous amount of it in order to keep the pool looking great and that’s where all the problems begin. An investment in a pool ionizer means that you can keep the chlorine levels at healthy levels always. That translates to a better experience in the pool. Needless to say, solar pool ionizers are kinder to your body.
Good for Your Dogs
Solar pool ionizers are designed to pass a mild current through the pool’s water. This current is mild and, therefore, harmless to humans and pets. Likewise, the silver and copper ions are absolutely harmless to any living thing that may come into contact with them. Therefore, whenever you use this handy device, you can rest assured that the pool will be safe for anyone in the family – and that’s including any pet that might drink the pool water.
Maintaining a swimming pool using normal methods means struggling to balance chemical levels in the water. This is a cumbersome process for most people. With a pool ionizer, though, all you’d need to do is replace the copper chambers and electrodes as well – and this only needs to be done periodically. Moreover, the replacement doesn’t take much of your time.
Do Pool Ionizers Work?
Best Selling Solar Pool Ionizers
- HIGHEST QUALITY: Solar panel is under thick covering allowing our product to last years longer than our competitors. Beware of cheaply built alternatives. Lifetime Replacement Warranty - see description for details.
- Our Solar-Powered Cleaner will prevent algae and reduce the amount of chlorine and chemicals up to 85%. No other chemical product is necessary or recommended. Our ionizers work perfectly fine with small amounts of Chlorine and, consistently, the pH becomes very stable.
- The power of the sun works with an underwater ion-disbursing anode to release copper ions that are very effective at killing algae and keeping your pool clean and pure
- Covers up to 35,000 gallon pools. Will not harm the finish of your pool or vinyl liner. Works on chlorine or salt pools
- Includes a free Buddy Band to protect your Ionizer and pool from unwanted dings, scratches and other damage. See description and package for instructions on how to use and maintain. Product does not contain batteries.
- DEVELOPS A CLEAR POOL WITH SOLAR POWER: Finally, you can have a beautifully blue pool, without the maintenance! The magic behind this automatic pool cleaner is the ions it creates to destroy growth in your pool… all from Solar Power!
- USE 80-PERCENT LESS CHLORINE, SAVE $300-TO-$500 EVERY YEAR: With less chlorine & shock, this solar pool ionizer will pay for itself… SERIOUSLY! Put money back into your pocket by transforming your pool into a biologically healthy & clear water!
- NO HARMFUL CHLORINE, ENDS BLEACHED CLOTHES & HAIR: Invest in your family’s health & use a chlorine-free shock! Your kids will certainly thank you for the switch because they won’t have to worry about dry & red eyes or having their clothes bleached!
- SAVES YOU TIME, REDUCES BRUSHING & CLEANING: When you get home from work, you can finally relax IN your pool instead of cleaning it. Remington Solar’s pool clarifier uses a proven 20-year technology to keep your pool clear while you’re away!
- HANDLES ALL POOLS, 30-DAY NO RISK GUARANTEE: No matter the pool type, Remington Solar will improve your pool’s clarity! We’re so confident that you will love it, we are giving you a 30-Day No Risk Trial!
- Complete Solution - XtremepowerUS's solar ionizer will be the perfect solution to your algae problem, this complete set of algae killer can help clean your pool in no time. Truly a simple solution to a complex problem
- Visible Results - Carefully read the instruction on how to introduce the ionizer to your pool, make sure to test out the water after 24 hours. Once the test result is within your optimal level, regularly check out the water to see if there are any major changes. Follow the manual for how to care for your pool
- Solar Panel - The energy from the sun activates the ionization of the anode. The ionization process limits the growth microorganisms and removes unwanted mineral such as calcium in the pool water
- 32,000 Gallons - Each unit is effective up to 32,000 gallons and works well for shaded & screened pools. Works very effective in small pools by reducing chlorine levels faster
- Save Money - Save money on pool chemical and electric costs for combined yearly savings. Unit is compatible with salt or chlorine, above-ground or in ground pools
Last updated on 2020-10-19.
- These devices are generally easy to assemble as they also come with comprehensive user manuals
- Typically reduce chlorine consumption by 80% effectively saving thousands of dollars per year
- Some of them come with handy features such as LED indicators which indicate when the tool is underuse
- No need to worry about keeping a maintenance schedule as these ones come with a reminder
- Meant to work on all types of pools including screened and shaded ones
- Equivalent to having a pro-clean the pool for you, only that it’s a cheaper option
- Its built-in electrodes last for at least two years meaning you needn’t worry about maintenance
- Work in different water conditions including above-ground, in-ground, saltwater and even chlorinated water
- Directly use energy from the sun to do its work and, therefore, contribute to the uptake of clean energy
- The benefits of using these gadgets can be seen and felt within 24 hours
Cons of Pool Ionizers
- You need to replace the electrodes periodically and that means spending on new replacements
- They only work in daylight since they’re fully reliant on solar power to operate
- You may need several units especially if you’re handling a large pool – otherwise, one would struggle to get the job done
- Some people have reported that pool ionization causes pool wall staining from the copper electrode.
Q: My unit came with 2 electrodes: how many electrodes do I need to use at a time?
A: You only need to use one electrode at a time. Each should serve you for 24 months on average. So, two electrodes would run you for 48 months which is equivalent to 4 years.
Q: How much chlorine should I use when using a pool ionizer?
A: While pool ionizers are great at keeping the water clean, one needs to maintain a chlorine level of .2 ppm. Depending on your pool size this can be achieved through a single chlorine tablet every so often. Be sure to maintain the water pH levels at anywhere between 7.2 and 7.6.
Q: How often do I need to clean the electrodes off my ionizer?
A: There are no strict rules as to how often or rarely you should attend to your electrodes but you might want to check them every 2 – 3 weeks.
Q: Is it recommended to use a solar pool ionizer for above-ground pools?
A: Yes. The ionizer only needs to be placed on the water and it will do the rest of the job for you.
Q: Can my unit be used on salty water?
A: Most solar pool ionizers are designed for use in all types of pools and spas. However, if you’re not sure whether your unit is designed for use in salt water conditions, it might be a good idea to consult with your supplier.
The best solar pool ionizer is a heaven-sent tool that can transform your swimming pool management experience.
You only need to invest in a well-made unit, use it as per the manufacturer’s instructions and wait for some great results.
Your family and friends will thank you…
Before you go, here are a few more handy links for DIY pool care.