Hold onto you pants because I’m going to go on a RANT!
Summer is almost here and I am already dreading the hassles I know I will go through to keep my swimming pool clean and safe.
Actually I go through this every year because the truth is, swimming pools are a pain unless you have a pool service or someone doing the cleaning and maintenance for you.
As a DIY pool owner I find myself almost constantly needing to fix things…
…And that’s what this rant is about.
Right now I know I have problems that need parts and repair. They’ve been there all winter waiting on me.
Here’s my list of DIY to-dos:
- 2 Pop-ups are broken again (same ones I paid $400 to have fixed last years)
- Pump is leaking (Actually it’s been leaking since last year but don’t want to pay $1500 to fix it)
- Skimmer Flap is broke again (It breaks off every year and costs $25 to replace)
- My skimmer and brush attachments, and vacuum hose all need replacing $80 (wear and tear)
- And then there’s the good old “drain the pool and refill” which will cost about $75 in water and makes a huge mess.
I don’t actually hate my swimming pool but it does frustrate me and consumes a lot of time and costs a lot of money to keep it up. Sure I could pay $50 – 70 a month to have someone do pool cleaning but the fix-it stuff is what really gets to me.
Well, that’s all the ranting for now.
The good thing is I have at least 30 more days to ignore it before I start spend every Saturday morning doing pool service again and paying for the stuff I can’t do myself.
Do you have a RANT?
Feel free to share your swimming pool frustration below.